home | qualifications
WHY BIG PICTURE?
What gives us the confidence to say we can help?
Big Picture’s capabilities are embodied in a full-time, in-house team. Our editors and writers are all university qualified, and are strongly encouraged to take on postgraduate studies and to strive for accreditation under a national industry scheme for editors.
Our in-house lead graphic designer is also university qualified, and brings an additional dimension in the form of a trade qualification and experience in the pre-press industry. (While our in-house graphic design is usually complementary to our communications work, rather than a standalone service, we have some examples of work that we are pretty pleased with – they can be seen here.)
Our formal qualifications are applied on all our activities, including:
- editing technical and general copy supplied by a range of authors
- writing from interviews or rough notes to produce finished copy
- editing and writing to achieve a single authorial voice
- proof reading during the final stages of document development
- managing the coordination and production flow of a document
- design and production of documents and packaging (covers, dividers, boxes, etc).
While our editors' and writers' skills are frequently focused on tender production, we also take a wider perspective that covers other areas of written communication – for example, award submissions, environmental impact statements, CVs, newsletters, government and corporate reports, style and training manuals and other communications materials.
Members of our editorial team also possess strong capabilities in layout, with proficiency in both InDesign and Photoshop. Their aesthetic capability allows us to contribute clean, appealing and appropriate formatting and design to any document.